Welcome to Our Littlest Memories!

This site is dedicated to our puppyhood - or, for those of you who found your forever homes later in life, it is dedicated to those first days you spent with your new families.

Thanks to all of you who sent in your autobios and for sharing your experiences. Most of us got acquainted later on in life without knowing anything about each other. So your stories really do let us get to know each other better, and help us appreciate each other more.

Special thanks to our moms, Linda and Pat, who helped us put up this site.

Our Littlest Memories blog will stay open indefinitely. If you would like to submit your autobio, email it with your puppy pictures to:

chef.boxer@yahoo.ca or crabbyabby5827@yahoo.com

Well, we hope you enjoy reading all about your friends' littlest memories!

Chef and Abby

(All stories are posted in the order in which they were received.)


.I'm 10 years old so it's been a long time since I first met mom and dad!

I remember that when they arrived at my breeder’s house they immediately went over and said hi to my furmom and all of the other grown-up Airedales that lived with me. When Phil, my breeder, came out of his house he took mom and dad over to our puppy den, which was basically a big hole in the ground and he called, "Puppy, puppy" and foir of us came running out of this hole!

Mom told me that she and dad wanted a puppy to love and cherish and exercise with, and they did a bit of research before my Airedale breed was chosen. She said she was reading the want ads one night and saw an ad for a dog that didn't shed and didn't smell and it got her to thinking. She did more research on my characteristics and decided that she should meet me in person. She had already decided in advance that she wanted to see an adult, not a puppy, so she wouldn't get hooked!

So now we're back to the day when I came running out of the hole and saw mom and dad for the very first time! Dad had already decided that he wanted a girl and mom didn't have a preference so this was fine by her. There were only two girls from my litter left. Mom says that we were both adorable and how was she ever going to choose? We both said hi to mom and then scurried off to play. I forgot to say good-bye when I left and went back to tell mom and that's when she decided that I was the one!

Mom and dad didn't take me home that day. Missy was starting college in a few days and it was decided that we wait a couple more days, so I was tagged with an orange collar and they left.

Mom came back a couple of days later and gave Phil money for me and found out that my birthday was July 10th - the same day as her birthday! She now knew that I was her soul mate and this was destiny!

Mom left with a crate and lots of paperwork, floating on Aire, but still not with me! Another couple of days went by and this time mom, dad and Missy came back to Phil's house and this time they brought me home with them. I got to ride in the front seat with mom and then mom let me sit in the back seat with Missy while dad drove us all to my new home. My crate was already set up in the kitchen and I had a brand new brown teddy bear to greet me! Life was good!

I have lived with my family for 10 long years and it’s been an awesome ride!


I'm Mitch and I'm now almost two years old.

I remember that first day at my new home so well. I was a pet store puppy and one day my future mom and sissy sashayed into the Puppy Center, just taking a break from shopping for my mom's mother-of-the-bride dress!My sissy was getting married in June and this was a necessity!

I locked eyes with my mom and I could see the distressed look on her face that I was a four-month old Airedale Terrier puppy and I was in a crate with a wire bottom.

I did my best to look cute and sweet and hoped that she'd take me home with her but she didn't! But what she did do was go home and tell my future dad all about me! Dad called the pet store and got all kinds of information on me and that Sunday he and my Uncle Bill came and took me out of the crate and they brought me home with them.

I was scared because my crate was the only thing that I’ve ever known. When we got home they brought me into dad’s workshop barn where mom and Maggie and Uncle Phil and Aunt Amy were hanging out chatting. I didn't walk like a normal puppy at that point - I hopped like a bunny! Mom thinks it's because I had spent so much time on wire bottom cages but this didn't last long! With normal exercise, I learned to walk just fine.

I remember when I first laid eyes on Maggie. I fell in love at that point! I wanted to be near her and velcro’d to her!

Her ears when straight up and she took off! She wanted no part of me and my puppy nippers! I remember that it was a cold day and dad had his fireplace going and I actually tried to walk right into the fire so I could get warmer! Mom grabbed me and told me that this sort of behavior would hurt me and that the fire was hot!

My crate was set up in the laundry room and it had a rope toy and a kong in there. I cried for hours when they put me to bed and the rest of the family went upstairs to sleep! It took a few days for the crying and the howling to stop but it did.

I’m so thankful that my mom was a blabbermouth on that special day and I’m so glad that my dad rescued me and brought me home to the most special place I have ever known! I love my family!

No comments: