Welcome to Our Littlest Memories!

This site is dedicated to our puppyhood - or, for those of you who found your forever homes later in life, it is dedicated to those first days you spent with your new families.

Thanks to all of you who sent in your autobios and for sharing your experiences. Most of us got acquainted later on in life without knowing anything about each other. So your stories really do let us get to know each other better, and help us appreciate each other more.

Special thanks to our moms, Linda and Pat, who helped us put up this site.

Our Littlest Memories blog will stay open indefinitely. If you would like to submit your autobio, email it with your puppy pictures to:

chef.boxer@yahoo.ca or crabbyabby5827@yahoo.com

Well, we hope you enjoy reading all about your friends' littlest memories!

Love,
Chef and Abby

(All stories are posted in the order in which they were received.)




Monday

THE PUPPIES ON HOADLEY

Marshall

Mom met me at a Spring Jamboree in Tuscaloosa, Alabama when she was still in school.

She came up to me, took me for a walk, and says she fell in love! She wasn't really looking for a dog (or so she says, anyway) so she went home without me after our walk.

She came back two days later ,though, found out I was still there... I had been in the pound for almost three months..... and she took me home!

I was really skinny because I had been a stray before the pound picked me up, so she got to work immediately on putting some meat on my bones! Our first night, she told me I wasn't going to sleep in her room and left me on a bed in the living room. I whined and whined, so she caved and let me sleep in the room with her!

On our first whole day together, she took me on a nice long walky, and then left me in the back yard to play while she was at school. I didn't want to play after she left and so I jumped the fence and waited for her by the front door until she finally came home from class! After that, I became an inside dog, which is the way I like it!! The picture above is one of the first we took together. I was about two when I came to my furever home!

xoxoxox,
Marshall, a.k.a. The Marsh Man



Opal

Mom really wasn't looking for another dog but Dad decided she should have one since it was her birthday.



They thought about getting another Boston Terrier like Maggie but somehow decided they wanted a Boxer instead! So they called an ad in the newspaper and drove out to Margaret, Alabama (I don't even remember where it was). They got lost A LOT and almost gave up, but Mom really wanted to see these Boxer puppies so they kept calling until they finally found the place.

Two beautiful Boxers (my biological mom and dad) came running up to greet them when they got out of the car! I was the only female in my litter. Mom picked me up, and I peed on her! After that, they had to have me!


I was covered in mean ole fleas, so they took me home and gave me a bath, and picked all these mean ole fleas off of me! Then they towelled me dry and brought me in to meet my new brother and sister.

I don't think they liked me very much, but I sure did like Mom and Dad!!! I mostly slept those first few days at home but Mom and Dad didn't mind. They just took turns holding me while I slept! When I was really small, I used to sleep across mom's neck at night -- that way, when I had to go out, I could wake her up really easily! Also, she was really warm! She says she would just lay there in the morning listening to me sleep!

Dad says I am named after his grandmother, but my nickname is Miss Kerfluffle (because I like to get into kerfluffles!!)

xoxoxoxo
Opal

Maggie


Dad decided to get a dog (a Boston Terrier, specifically!) because Uncle Chad had Belle and she was the best dog (that's because I wasn't born yet!!)


So he talked to the breeder and got me, Belle's sister from a different litter! He visited with me from the time right after I was born until he was able to take my home at six weeks old!

My favorite thing to do when we got home to our house as a pup was to sleep in the recliner with dad (as shown in these pics). This was before mom met dad so she isn't in this story (sorry mom!)

My full name is Weavers Pugger Margaret Wags! Pugger was Dad's BT when he was a baby, and Margaret is one of his grandmothers, so that's how I got my name! I have always been very raggly so that is my nickname... even as a puppy... I would chew on dad and raggle at him all the time.

The first night I was at home with him, I peed on him in the bed (seems to be a theme in our family! :) But he didn't mind -- he still says I am his number one girl!! From the very beginning (minus that first night) I was a great bed dog! He just says, "Maggie, go to bed," and I crawl under the covers and snuggle -- see how my nose was all pink? I was sooo cute!! I'm still so cute but now my nose is all black!

xoxoxox

Maggie

http://puppiesonhoadley.blogspot.com/


No comments: