Welcome to Our Littlest Memories!

This site is dedicated to our puppyhood - or, for those of you who found your forever homes later in life, it is dedicated to those first days you spent with your new families.

Thanks to all of you who sent in your autobios and for sharing your experiences. Most of us got acquainted later on in life without knowing anything about each other. So your stories really do let us get to know each other better, and help us appreciate each other more.

Special thanks to our moms, Linda and Pat, who helped us put up this site.

Our Littlest Memories blog will stay open indefinitely. If you would like to submit your autobio, email it with your puppy pictures to:

chef.boxer@yahoo.ca or crabbyabby5827@yahoo.com

Well, we hope you enjoy reading all about your friends' littlest memories!

Love,
Chef and Abby

(All stories are posted in the order in which they were received.)




Monday

Scottie

I was born on April 20, 2007. That makes me almost 18 months old now…


I was put in a pet store when I was two months old to be sold to potential Moms and Dads.

One fine night on 19th June, a family of four walked into the store, just looking around to see if they can find a potential pet. I was minding my own business trying to get some sleep, but the cage I was put in was not warm enough and I did the next best thing….curl up in my food bowl. (Yes, I am THAT small!)

I could feel someone coming near my cage as I was dozing off, so I looked up to see what was up…only to find myself looking into the face of someone I now know as 'Mom.' Mom told me she felt a connection between us when she saw me. It's as if it was meant to be. "Your eyes and that cute face of yours ..." she said. She bought me straight away, and I went home, in her arms, with my family. That first night I was put in a basket lined with a warm cloth in my Mom's room. Oh, how snuggly it was! Mom woke every few hours to peek at me and bring me to pee pee when I whimpered for her.


Morning came, and Mom took me downstairs for my breakfast. When she set me down and walked away to get my food ready, I followed her into the kitchen. There she was with my bowl of warm milk and puppy kibble. When I was done eating, she went to get some towels to wipe my mouth and I followed her there too. From then on, I have followed Mom wherever I can in the house – when she does her chores, when she sits at her computer, and even when she's in the washroom! That last one - I didn't get to go in, but I would wait outside patiently for her til she comes out and I would welcome her with my broad smile and waggy tail.

Every morning, when I woke up early and Mom wasn't up yet, I would go up to her room to lick her face and wake her up. The best thing for me would be to sit or lie very close to Mom everywhere – when she's reading or watching TV, I would plonk myself right next to her, my head on her arm.

One time, Mom had to be away for a few days when I was four months old, so I was taken care of by Gramma and Grampa. Every morning I would climb up the stairs to Mom's bedroom to check if she was there, and I would look longingly at the door in the evenings to see if she was coming back from work.

One of the first tricks Mom taught me was to 'Say Please.' There was a time when I was not big enough to climb down the stairs, but had somehow gotten myself up two stairs. When I couldn't climb down, I barked for Mom. She came running of, course, but when she saw that I was up the stairs and couldn't get down, she giggled and used that to teach me to 'Say Please.' If I wanted to get down, I would need to bark at her signal and I would be carried down the steps.

Well, that's just a little part of my littlest memories. I have loads to tell, but I think it would take days or weeks! LOL! If you want to know more of my tales and misadventures, do stop by my blog at


http://nottiescottie.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

Raising Addie said...

Awww Scottie, you have a wonderful mom and family!

Your furbaby picture is so adorable! It's hard to believe you were that tiny!

Following mom around the house is the BEST! I am glad you have even more family to take care of you when mom is away.

I love that you can say "please"!
Kisses
Addie

The Musketeers said...

Oh Scottie look so small when he is a pup (:
so cute (: