Welcome to Our Littlest Memories!

This site is dedicated to our puppyhood - or, for those of you who found your forever homes later in life, it is dedicated to those first days you spent with your new families.

Thanks to all of you who sent in your autobios and for sharing your experiences. Most of us got acquainted later on in life without knowing anything about each other. So your stories really do let us get to know each other better, and help us appreciate each other more.

Special thanks to our moms, Linda and Pat, who helped us put up this site.

Our Littlest Memories blog will stay open indefinitely. If you would like to submit your autobio, email it with your puppy pictures to:

chef.boxer@yahoo.ca or crabbyabby5827@yahoo.com

Well, we hope you enjoy reading all about your friends' littlest memories!

Love,
Chef and Abby

(All stories are posted in the order in which they were received.)




Saturday

Asta Marie
My Mom and Dad just love Wire Fox Terriers.



In 1994, they got my dog Daddy, Alfie, from a breeder nearby. This breeder did not require a spay/neuter contract and so Alfie was not neutered, but my Mom didn't know where to find a little girl wire for my Dad, so he was almost seven years old before he found a wife and then it just happened by accident.

My Mom always took Alfie for walks while at our cottage. She was walking him along our dirt road and suddenly a truck came by and stopped right beside her. The woman, who was driving had a female wire fox terrier and had always wanted to breed her, but never knew where to find a boy Wire. My Mom and Grandma Judy didn't know each other before that day but they exchanged telephone numbers and names and when my dog Mom, Sporty, was in season, they mated. On October 15, 2001 five puppies were born, three boys and two girls.


My Mom got pick of the litter and picked me out of the five puppies. She called me Asta Marie after the Asta in the Thin Man movies of the 1930s. She finally got the daughter she always wanted, because her human kids are both boys.

I came home to live with my Mom when I was eight weeks old. My dog Dad and I were really good friends and we always played together. He went to the Rainbow Bridge in December of 2007 at the age of 13 years and two month of age. We all miss him a lot as he was a special dog, sweet and gentle.

I had two litters of puppies and three husbands and Dewey was born in the second litter, but then he will tell his own story about how he was the one that stayed. I love Dewey, and even though I have to share my Mom with him, we are good buddies. I just wish that he didn't like to play ball so much because I just love to do that all by myself. My Mom still loves me to pieces and is kissing me all the time. She still calls me her little baby girl even though I am now nearly seven years old.

http://www.lovethosewires.blogspot.com/

No comments: