Welcome to Our Littlest Memories!

This site is dedicated to our puppyhood - or, for those of you who found your forever homes later in life, it is dedicated to those first days you spent with your new families.

Thanks to all of you who sent in your autobios and for sharing your experiences. Most of us got acquainted later on in life without knowing anything about each other. So your stories really do let us get to know each other better, and help us appreciate each other more.

Special thanks to our moms, Linda and Pat, who helped us put up this site.

Our Littlest Memories blog will stay open indefinitely. If you would like to submit your autobio, email it with your puppy pictures to:

chef.boxer@yahoo.ca or crabbyabby5827@yahoo.com

Well, we hope you enjoy reading all about your friends' littlest memories!

Love,
Chef and Abby

(All stories are posted in the order in which they were received.)




Thursday

Ruby

My name is Ruby and I am a red Miniature Longhaired Dachshund. I am the ruler of one human and three cats.


The first day I met my mom I was six weeks old. She came to the breeders to check me out. The breeder had sent her a picture of me (it was love at first sight, so she tells me), but she wanted to see me in person.

The breeder handed me to mom & I was a little scared. I shook all over. Mom put me down on the floor to see how I walked. I pooed to show her I was eating well and had a good digestive system. Mom said she would take me. That’s the day I became Ruby, not Patches anymore. (I had a shaved patch on my butt, to tell me apart from my sister).

Me today

Since that day, I have become an adult dog of one year. I’ve learned to hold it until I get outside and sleep all night. Mom and I have taken many obedience classes, so I am now a well-behaved dog (most of the time).

I survived a major operation to have my lady bits removed and learned how to speak after eleven months of being mute. Passing the St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog Program test was a major accomplishment and I now visit a local senior’s facility, where I make people smile.

I am a very happy little dog.

www.agenuineruby.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Raising Addie said...

Ruby, you are just beautiful!

Your therapy dog work is going to enrich the lives so a ton of people! Your mom is very kind and sweet to share you with everyone!

We can hardly believe that you didn't talk for so long!

Zoe says that Addie never shuts up! She would like to work out a trade. You come live with us and Zoe will let your mom have Addie!

We are so lucky that we met you!
Kisses
BFF's Addie and Zoe