Welcome to Our Littlest Memories!

This site is dedicated to our puppyhood - or, for those of you who found your forever homes later in life, it is dedicated to those first days you spent with your new families.

Thanks to all of you who sent in your autobios and for sharing your experiences. Most of us got acquainted later on in life without knowing anything about each other. So your stories really do let us get to know each other better, and help us appreciate each other more.

Special thanks to our moms, Linda and Pat, who helped us put up this site.

Our Littlest Memories blog will stay open indefinitely. If you would like to submit your autobio, email it with your puppy pictures to:

chef.boxer@yahoo.ca or crabbyabby5827@yahoo.com

Well, we hope you enjoy reading all about your friends' littlest memories!

Love,
Chef and Abby

(All stories are posted in the order in which they were received.)




Thursday

Rusty
,
My name is Rusty and I live with my mom and dad in Texas.


Here is a picture the kennel lady took of me for mom. See how dark my hair was?

,

I came to live with mom because she had decided that she wanted a little dog.

She was looking in shelters and asking around but hadn't found the right one. Then her sister told her about a little dog she knew who needed a new home because his owners couldn't handle a puppy. (Mom wonders why they got me if they didn't want to deal with a puppy.)

They were paying a kennel to keep him but soon would have to do something else. So mom came to the kennel to check out the little dog and found ME! The lady was waiting for mom and went in to let me out. I ran out very excited and there was my mom. I knew right away that I had found my forever home! That was right after Thanksgiving in 2006.


They told mom I was a Yorkie but I kept growing and growing and growing till I weighed in at 20 pounds. I am 13 inches tall at my shoulders.

I've been with mom and dad all this time now. I've had some great adventures like going camping and climbing up on rocks (here is a picture of me up on a bluff at a state park in Oklahoma) , walking in parks and around the neighborhood, and playing with the back yard neighbor dogs.

I've been to birthday parties, to mom's school, and to PetSmart for school where I got my Canine Good Citizen certificate. I learned how to blog and now that is one of my most favorite things because of all my great bloggie friends! I have even started my own world wide organization: Rusty's Squirrel Patrol. I have been so happy since I found my forever home!

Now I'm looking forward to reading everyone else's autobiography!

http://chasingsquirrelswithrusty.wordpress.com/

1 comment:

Raising Addie said...

WOOOHOOO on your wonderful forever home Rusty!

I wish we could chase squirrels together. I have a lot of them in my yard just waiting for a good chasing!

Kisses
Addie