Welcome to Our Littlest Memories!

This site is dedicated to our puppyhood - or, for those of you who found your forever homes later in life, it is dedicated to those first days you spent with your new families.

Thanks to all of you who sent in your autobios and for sharing your experiences. Most of us got acquainted later on in life without knowing anything about each other. So your stories really do let us get to know each other better, and help us appreciate each other more.

Special thanks to our moms, Linda and Pat, who helped us put up this site.

Our Littlest Memories blog will stay open indefinitely. If you would like to submit your autobio, email it with your puppy pictures to:

chef.boxer@yahoo.ca or crabbyabby5827@yahoo.com

Well, we hope you enjoy reading all about your friends' littlest memories!

Love,
Chef and Abby

(All stories are posted in the order in which they were received.)




Thursday

Moy-Moy
.
My life started out pretty much like a scene from a telenovela.
/

The Secretary told me that I was abandoned in a shoebox at the doorstep of The Animal Doctor's clinic one fateful morning in November 2007. This sort of thing happens a lot in my country, the Philippines, especially if you're of an indeterminate breed ( aka mongrel).

I was lucky my eyes and ears were still tightly shut at that time - I was just a week-old (or so) puppy - so I have no recollection of my tragic past as a nobody's boy.

I got my name Moy-Moy from the Biblical figure Moses who was adopted by the Pharaoh's daughter when she found him floating in a basket in the Nile River. The Secretary hand-reared me like I was her own dog-child, waking up in the middle of the night to feed me my puppy formula, and even offering her thumb for me to suck on when my young teefies were itching to come out.
She rallied behind me during the low points of my life, when I had a difficult time growing up with my sister, Pussy, and when I had to drop out of my kindergarten class.

On some starless nights in my house, I wonder about the thousands of strays out there and I think, Ït is nice to be owned." ( The Secretary tells me it's politically incorrect, but never mind), to belong to someone, to have a name, and to have someone scream your name when you're chasing your tail. Coz it means someone cares.

www.theanimaldoctor.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Raising Addie said...

Oh, Moy-Moy! You were so very tiny when you were found!

You are so lucky to have found the best forever home! Your mom was so sweet to let you suck her thumb.

Kisses
Addie